1. Focus on our current customers
We do believe that it’s much easier to grow when you constantly deliver value to your current customers and make them feel special. That’s one of the reasons they stay with 2MakeU and recommend us to others.
What do we do?
- We constantly improve the product to meet our current customer’s needs.
- We build new products that our customers need.
- Customer Support is our strongest marketing channel. They WOW customers with an empathetic, human approach. As a result, these customers recommend 2MakeU to their friends and colleagues.
- We educate our customers about 2MakeU, marketing, development and business in general. Our success depends on our customers’ success.
2. Be passionate about 2MakeU
We are inspired to do great work because we truly believe in what we do and we put our heart and soul into it. We really give a damn about our company and product. We think about it 24/7. It’s not just another job, it’s a shared mission to show the world what we can do.
Every team member is the best form of advertising for 2MakeU. We are proud of where we work and what we do. And people notice.
- Developed a killer feature? Make a presentation about it.
- Wrote a blog post? Share it with the team.
- Want to know more about Design, development? You can buy a book or attend a conference. We will support you in these initiatives as long as you share your knowledge.
3. Care about long-term goals
We don’t have investors that require quarterly reports. We don’t have to show results right away. This allows us to focus on existing customers to meet their needs and make them happy. We don’t go after an overnight success or the viral video.
Do you think you have a killer idea? Ask yourself what it would bring in the long term.
We love Jeff Bezos from Amazon. His advice: “Find the things that won’t change in your business and invest heavily in those things.”
We want to create products that feel good every step of the way. From a clean design and an easy-to-use platform to great customer support. We believe in constant growth. We invest in the features that will last.
We are big believers in the power of keeping it simple.
No unnecessary features or complicated processes. We are 100% focused on building something our customers need and love to use.
- When you get a task, think of the simplest and fastest way to accomplish it.
- Take time to do research, write a pitch, discuss it with colleagues and then choose the solution that is both simple and genius.
- Don’t overcomplicate projects. We have limited resources and should use them wisely.
5. Contribute to remote culture
We offer a great deal of flexibility for team members to choose when and where they work. Each individual knows best what is needed to get their jobs done. You can work from any place that makes you happy and productive.
While working remotely, make sure you have a high-speed connection and are available online during your working hours. Other than that, simply choose the environment where you can focus and get your work done.
Building a remote culture is a challenge that requires the whole team to stay connected. All of our communication and project management is done online.
Everyone needs to contribute to online communication to make it work.
Things we do:
- Give monthly feedback on 15.
- Every time we do a presentation or an announcement, we make a video or a live broadcast for the whole team. We expect everyone to watch the presentations or the videos.
- If you are not sure that you will have a proper Internet connection while traveling, take a vacation day. Working remotely doesn’t mean you pretend to work. We measure results.
6. Be positive
We believe in the law of attraction. It means that positive thoughts will help us reach our goals faster. Therefore, negative attitudes will only lead to failure. We don’t take ‘that’ll never work’ for an answer. Anything is possible if you set your mind to it and work hard.
We believe that 2MakeU will be far better in the future than it is today.
7. Take responsibility
We don’t micromanage at 2MakeU. You have a lot of autonomy here. You can decide how and when you work. But don’t forget, your freedom is tied to responsibility.
Hundreds of clients around the world trust us with their business. When we mess up, miss a deadline, or slow down—it matters. We take that responsibility seriously.
Before there is a problem, communicate your issues or concerns. Colleagues are always willing to help, but we don’t tolerate excuses. Every result is a combination of a challenge and your responsibility (response + ability). If you don’t feel part of the problem, you can’t be part of the solution.
The same goes for communication with customers. We feel responsible for their success. We believe in transparency. Therefore, we inform our customers if we have an issue. Trust is the foundation of any team or successful business.
8. Embrace the change
Change is inevitable, especially in our business. We make plans, but we don’t freak out when something unexpected occurs. Be ready to react to the situation. When you are consciously aware of change, it is much easier to adapt.
It is even better when we initiate changes on our own. We don’t have all the answers. We haven’t tried tons of things. Feel free to experiment. If you believe in your idea, give it a try. If it works, do more of it and share your knowledge with the team. If it fails, share what you learned.
9. Treat people right
All of our team members are equal. Treat them as you want to be treated.
- If you greet by shaking hands, be sure to do it with all members of the team.
- No gossip, talking behind backs, insults or name calling. If there are things that need discussing, be brave enough to bring it up.
- Answer every question, even the ones that seem strange.
- Listen to other suggestions. If it is not useful, be forthcoming and clearly explain why.
We want to cultivate an open environment, where everyone feels respected and heard.
10. Take care of yourself
The team needs you in the best shape. Take care of both your physical and mental health. Don’t spend all your time behind the computer. Have hobbies. Spend time with your family and friends.
You can meditate, go to the gym, yoga, pool or massage in the middle of the day. Your work can wait 2 hours, especially when you come back full of energy and motivation.
Stay curious, explore the world, read books and meet different people. New ways of looking at things can lead to better decision-making and new exciting projects. This is the reason why we want everyone to take at least 2 weeks of uninterrupted vacation per year.